Saturday, July 27, 2013

Arrival/Departure

Mom and Amy arrived last night and we went with Rio to an Asado restaurante at Paseo del Buen Pastor. We walked around for the day, mom and Amy shopped, and I showed them the main plaza and some of the markets and churches around the city. Tonight I'm going to take them to Paseo de los Artes- the night market/artisan fair that's open on the weekends. Then tomorrow morning we leave for Buenos Aires. That feels so surreal.

I can't believe I'm leaving and I can't believe I've been here for two months- it's so easy to adjust to a new place. Today I noticed that instead of calling it 'Cami's apartment' like I did the first week, or 'my apartment' like I did the first month, I was telling mom, 'No, home is that way, got to make a left up ahead'. I'm going to really miss it here.

It feels strange to leave without Cami. Wednesday evening she left for Buenos Aires on a night bus to visit a good friend from high school who is having a tough time. We're going to meet up with her tomorrow or Monday and she might even go to Uruguay with us, but it's strange to be packing without her around.

Aside from the general strangeness of leaving right now I'm preoccupied with travel plans, trying to figure out how to get to Iguazu and where/when to couchsurf. Though overall, I'm proud of my Spanish; proud the progress  I've made since arriving, and glad to have met the people and made the friends I did and glad to have the next few weeks to travel and see more of the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment